Surf Club & Team
The Surf Club and Team is open to students of all skill levels, which are eager to improve their surfing abilities; as well as, compete in a laid-back contest setting.
The more involvement the Surf Club and Team have from students and parents, the stronger the program will become.
Students can actively be involved by taking a position within the club as an officer. They are given the opportunity to help organize and plan events, as well as help us recruit additional members and sponsors.
Parents can be involved by becoming chaperones or assistant coaches. There is some paperwork involved, but the more chaperones we have, the better we are able to ensure a successful program.
- Surf weekly at Brookhurst Street (HB State Beach, Tower 5) and other local surf spots.
- T-shirt, Sweatshirt, and End-of-the-Season Dinner.
- Possible sponsorships with local surf shops, as well as, major surf industry companies.
- The following officers will be selected each year by the head coach and previous club officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Team Captain.
- Boys Short board: 12 + 3 alternates (top 6 will be in league finals)
- Boys Long board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
- Girls Short board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
- Girls Long board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
- Boys Body board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)