2019-2020 Girls Tennis Team Handbook
Team Participation Fees:
to register for team participation fees
All team members must be registered before August 15th
Payment plan options are available
Click link for more details
This is required before you may attend any MD tennis team function.
1. CLICK HERE
to create your Appryse account. Once on the page, please scroll to the bottom and select ‘Click Here to Create an Account’
2. After creating your account, you must upload a valid sports physical for your child.
3. Your account will then be sent for review by the athletic training staff.
4. Once enrollment is ‘Approved’, return to your home page and select the GREEN button (middle of the page) that says “TRYOUTS/ACTIVITIES”
5. From the list on the left, select the sport/activity your child wishes to participate in. (ie: football tryouts, girls basketball tryouts, sailing, etc) DO NOT SELECT THE LEVEL (ie: Varsity, JV, Frosh/Soph)-
6. Read the legal document on the right; both student and parent must sign at the bottom.
7. You MUST Click on “GRANT CONSENT AND JOIN” to finish the process!
1. CLICK HERE
to log into your existing Appryse account. Once on the page, please scroll to the bottom and select ‘Click Here for Existing Account’.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
2. Select “RE-ENROLL FOR NEW YEAR” (middle of the home page)
3. Go through the following pages and make any changes necessary ie: new address, emergency contact information, new health history, new medical insurance information, etc. If there are no changes to be made, then move to the next page.
Sign the legal document at the end and submit (THIS MUST BE DONE FOR EACH CHILD IF YOU HAVE MULTIPLE CHILDREN AT MD)
4. Return to your home page
5. Upload new, up-to-date sports physical.
6. Return to home page and select the GREEN button (middle of the page) that says “TRYOUTS/ACTIVITIES” from the list on the left, select the sport/activity your child wishes to participate in.
(ie: football tryouts, girls basketball tryouts, sailing, etc)
DO NOT SELECT WHAT LEVEL (ie: Varsity, JV, Frosh/Soph)
7. Read the legal document on the right and both student and parent must sign at the bottom.
8. You MUST Click on “GRANT CONSENT AND JOIN” to finish the process!
Level Placement & Playing Time:
Level placement and playing time is solely a coaching staff decision
Only players may discuss level placement and playing time with the coaching staff
Coaching staff will not discuss level placement and/or playing time with parents or guardians
Girls team practice will begin on Tuesday August 13th
On Red days, practice runs from
JV & Frosh 3:00-5:00pm
On Gray days, practice runs from
Varsity 3:00pm – 6:00pm
JV & Frosh 3:00pm-4:00pm
Practices at Los Cab are Monday – Thursday, unless informed otherwise
When school is dismissed early, practice will have a modified start/end time
- Example: If class ends at 1:00pm, practice will begin at 2pm and end 2 hours after for JV/FS, and 3 hours later for Varsity
Team members may store their gear with Leo Boese in the equipment room in Alumni Plaza
Please follow his instructions upon dropping off your equipment
It will be locked and secured in the equipment room until you are dismissed from class for practice/matches
Upon being dismissed from class, team members should pick up their equipment immediately
Van transportation from MD to Los Cab (one way only) will be offered
Mater Dei faculty member, Bob Ickes, is the driver
The van may make multiple trips to Los Cab as it holds only 10 passengers
Report to Mr. Ickes once you pick up your gear from the equipment room upon being dismissed from class
On Red days, meet the van in the Bristol Parking Lot near baseball field at end of school day (2:30pm)
On Gray days, meet the van in the Bristol Lot at the start of Block 8 (1:35pm)
Van transportation is only to Los Cab
A car pool schedule will be worked on and sent out for JV and Frosh/Soph away matches
Match Days and Early Dismissal:
Attached is the most up to date match schedule with class dismissal times
Tabs at the bottom include Varsity, JV, and Frosh/Soph schedules
Coach Mike will announce which team level you are on
I will communicate with the Dean’s office to ensure you are excused from class at the appropriate time
If you are incorrectly marked ‘absent’ instead of ‘excused’ by the Dean’s office, please let me know as soon as possible
After today, the first day of weights is Thursday August 22nd. Please know that weights are a part of the team’s training. When weights fall on a match day, the focus will be targeted toward stretching and light exercise in order to prepare for the match. Strength and Conditioning coach, Kaitlin Guizar, will give you more details at Monday’s kickoff party.
Weight Room Schedule (1st semester – August through Christmas Break)
Every Thursday and Friday 8:00am-8:30am
On Red days, if you are enrolled in a Block 1 academic class, you are excused from weights
On Gray days, weights are required for all team members since class does not begin until 8:45am for all students
Weight Room Schedule (2nd semester – January through Last Day of School)
Every Gray day from 8:00am-8:30am
If you have not done so already, please click the links below to complete your permission forms for the school year. All members of the team are required to submit these forms.
Allows team members to leave campus and head to Los Cab for practice at the start of block 8
Allows student to drive themselves to practices/matches. Only required for players with their license.
Allows student to ride as a passenger in another students car (only if student driver is legally allowed to and has submitted their driver form).
Allows student to take the van/bus to practices/matches.
Weekly Team Mass:
Once a week, while we are in-season, mandatory team Mass will be held at the beginning of lower and upper lunch in the Chapel
The day of the week will remain the same all season
The day of the week has yet to be confirmed; information regarding that will be sent out once it is confirmed
All athletic programs at Mater Dei are required to participate in a community service project/event each school year as a team
Annually, the girls tennis team participates in ‘Trunk or Treat’ in October
More information will be given as we get toward the end of September
Website and Social Media:
Snack schedule (still being created)
Nutrition and hydration tips
Other miscellaneous items
Follow us on Instagram!
When you post, please use the hashtag ‘#MDTennis’
Be responsible on your personal social media accounts
Keep in mind that…
You’re a representative of Mater Dei
You’re representing yourself toward colleges and scouts, as well as media
The use of cell phones is not permitted 45 minutes prior to match start