2023-2024 Try-Out Information
May 8th, 9th, 10th
Tumbling is REQUIRED for the varsity level team and highly suggested for the JV level. We put a large emphasis on tumbling daily and take outside classes as a team once a week at Magic All-Stars in Anaheim. We encourage those interested in trying out contact Magic, or your local gym, to get into tumbling classes ASAP. All tumbling is to be performed on a non-spring floor.
- Round of Back handspring layout/working full
- Double Jump to Back Tuck
- Solid Round-Off Rebound
- Working stand back handspring with light spot or down a cheese mat
Although an athlete may have the varsity level tumbling skills, that does not ensure they will be placed on the Varsity Level team. Many variants go into the team placement including cheer background and stunting ability and position.
What to Wear to Try-Outs
- All athletes attending try-outs are required to wear Mater Dei dress code appropriate attire
- Sports Bras are not allowed
- Tank tops and shorts are recommended
- Cheer shoes recommended but not required. Athletic shoes are allowed (all athletes will be require to wear shoes while tumbling)
- Hair Up in HIGH Pony Tail